Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
Jefkee
Message 1 of 3 (102 Views)

Drawing revision and I-logic.

102 Views, 2 Replies
11-21-2013 12:51 AM

Hi,

Due to some changes in my company, I have a certain automatisation that could be useful (saving 3-4 clicks each time needed and not forgetting something).

The management has decided that whenever there is a change that needs to be made, the drawing revision needs to be upped before the making the changes. During the changes there has to be a stamp on the drawing "IN ENGINEERING".

My question now: is it possible to automatically place a sketched symbol when the revision is being upped?

Greetings.

Jef

Inventor 2013
Contributor
paul.huppertz
Message 2 of 3 (97 Views)

Re: Drawing revision and I-logic.

11-21-2013 01:20 AM in reply to: Jefkee
How and when do you want to remove the stamp? Manually?

Isn't it easier to make an user defied symbol. Place it once when you are "In Engineering" and when drawing is final remove the symbol.
Valued Contributor
Jefkee
Message 3 of 3 (92 Views)

Re: Drawing revision and I-logic.

11-21-2013 01:38 AM in reply to: paul.huppertz

Hi, thanks for the responce.

1) The stamp will be removed manually when the revision is done and made into .pdf for the client and production.

2) What you suggest placing the user defined symbol when you start, is what we do now. But i would like to ensure that every time that a revision is made it gets the "IN ENGINEERING" sign.

This because when someone forgets to put the sign, and goes out of office other people might think that the rivision is OK to spread.

Inventor 2013

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube