Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing of Frame Generator Model

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
SeanFarr
1266 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing of Frame Generator Model

Inventor Pro 2012

After creating the desired frame using frame generator, I am creating a detail drawing.

When I insert the parts list, the info applied is using the full length of the tubes before it was cut to fit. (to get rid of the over lap edges of the frame)

Attached is the part file used to create the frame. (Can't attached the frame, too big) I used

Also attached is the drawing to help clarify the issue.

Total length of the frame is 116.75"

In reality is it made up of 2 short end pieces 23.375" +   2 x for pocket tubes (10") plus the center tube  50"

23.375+23.375+10+10+50=116.75"

Now from my part file, i just made 3 lines for the total length and 2 intersecting lines for the fork pockets. The parts list is using the initial creation length and not the altered cut length? Does this make any sense?

How can I get the parts list to represent values after a cut is done to the tube?

thanks

Sean

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: SeanFarr
Message 3 of 5
BLHDrafting

Was thinking the same thing. By default B_L is used (Base length ?) but what you want is G_L (Geometry Length ?) which is the end to end length including the end treatments.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 4 of 5
danny

Hi,

Your model is missing the .iam file.

Regards
Danny

Inventor 2014 sp1 | Vault basic 2014 | HP Elitebook 8670W | win7 64b | 8Gb | GMT +1
Message 5 of 5
SeanFarr
in reply to: danny

Hey Danny,

Yea I mentioned in the OP that the assembly is too large to attach, and I figured that it wasn't necessary to help with the solution. I think the maximum upload limit for the forum is ~1.5MB.

I did somewhat come across a solution. the terms B_L and G_L (didn't know what they meant before this topic)  helped do a better search in this forum which brought me to the older post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/2012-Frame-Generator-G-L-Parameter-won-t-update/td-p...

It seems that there was a known issue with the parameters updating after end treatments in 2012. So a hotfix was issued and a macro was created to fix already created frames.

This seemed like a good enough reason to just go ahead and stop my current projects and install Inventor Pro 2013.

I have installed, set up and created a frame similar to the one in 2012. I then created a drawing and the parts list DOES indeed show the cut-length after end treatments were applied.

Basic drawing example is attached in 2013 format.

Thanks to all who had input!!!

Sean Farr

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report