Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing number - part number

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Winks87
3292 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing number - part number

Hi all, its been a while, returning IV user, so please bear with me.  Question: I want all parts detailed on a spcific dwg to pull in the drawing number in the titleblock to their i-props.  This way, I can reference the dwgs the parts are detailed on

in the master assembly parts list.  I know there is a way, may have to hit the books!

James Winkler
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: Winks87

This would have to be custom programmed using VBA or iLogic, it seems to me.  This is not a typical workflow, and a part could be used on more than one drawing-- now what?

Message 3 of 5
Winks87

Maybe I wasn't clear, I just want to list the drawing number the parts are detailed on in an assembly parts list.  I have a temporary solution, which is just manually adding the drawing number in an iprop field that I can pull in to the assemblt parts list.  I was looking for a way to automate this, but the more I think about it, I dont see how.  When an individual part is created I have no idea what drawing I am going to detail it on.  Thanks for the reply though.

James Winkler
Message 4 of 5
SBix26

I think this could be easily done with an iLogic rule that you run from the drawing, perhaps triggered by the save event.  If a part ever gets accidentally detailed on more than one drawing, the last one wins.

For what it's worth, we avoid this issue entirely by making the part number = drawing number.

Message 5 of 5
brendan.henderson
in reply to: SBix26

Totally agree with sblixer. Part/assembly number = drawing number, and 1 drawing set for each part or assembly number. It just makes it easier to find stuff working with a consistent number for all items.

We also include the drawing number in our Parts List. See graphic.

Capture.JPG

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report