Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing(.idw) will not update upon .ipt change

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jbelle7435
2243 Views, 3 Replies

Drawing(.idw) will not update upon .ipt change

I am having issues with this. I create the part. I create the drawing. I add the part to the drawing. I make a modification to the part and then I select update(Lighting bolt) and NOTHING HAPPENS. Even when I did the local update.

I will review the rest of the thread tomorrow as I am leaving Inventor for today but this is bugging me!!

I can only see the change when I close the drawing and re-open it as of now.

note: When I do hit the update button it does shown the change for a split second then goes back to its previous state. Why does it not stay the new updated version??

Inventor 2012
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: jbelle7435

Are both the drawing and IPT residing in your current Work DIrectory. The drawing my be outside of the current work directory and in a Library directory?

You don't have the "Defer Updates" checked in the "Documents Setting>Drawing"?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
jbelle7435
in reply to: blair

Are both the drawing and IPT residing in your current Work DIrectory. The drawing my be outside of the current work directory and in a Library directory?

You don't have the "Defer Updates" checked in the "Documents Setting>Drawing"?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not in front of it inventor until tm but not sure about directory stuff in the 1st part you stated so I will check on that.

I did see this is other threads about this "defer upate". I did check it and it did not work still. I will try again tomorrow though and see if any progress was made.

Inventor 2012
Message 4 of 4
jbelle7435
in reply to: jbelle7435

might of been a fluke with this part I was working on. I started a new one and it was updating as per change to the .ipt file. Plus I don't have the defer updates checked. It is unchecked and works

Inventor 2012

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report