Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Styles, Templates, Title Blocks & Borders - Multiple Change Tool?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jaredhowell1337
2082 Views, 2 Replies

Drawing Styles, Templates, Title Blocks & Borders - Multiple Change Tool?

Hi All,

I recently joined a company who are looking to standardise the CAD systems for their products.  They have standard products but the drawing system is all over the place.

Since joining I have created a standard drawing template.  At the moment this is saved on my desktop.  Within this idw file I have created:

• A1 & A3 Borders
  • New Title Block
  • Sketched Symbols (ie CL symbol etc.)
  • Styles Overhaul (Everything was almost standard, I have changed section arrows to lineweights to weld symbols, almost everything!)

I then carried on to edit a planned drawing register done by one of the design engineers here.  It's structured and looks like a good step forward, so once I have updated the files in Vault to suit this new naming system, I need to update all the drawings to incorporate my template's borders, title blocks, sketched symbols and most importantly - styles.

Does anybody know the way I can update all the current drawings to have all the same styles as my template on the desktop?

We use Inventor 2012 and Vault 2012.  I have the project file checked out so I can edit that if somebody can tell me how.

Many thanks in advance!

Jazz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventor 2012

Windows 7 64-Bit SP1

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5570 @ 2.93GHz

NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800 (Avail. Graphics Memory 4067MB - Ded. 1024 MB)

12 GB RAM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Dear Jazz,

I suppose the tool you probably need is the "Drawing Resource Transfer Wizard" available at this location: Start menu > All programs > Autodesk Inventor 2012 > Tools > Drawing Resource Transfer Wizard.

Here is the link how to use it.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/0073-Autodesk73/0684-Collabor684/0725-Tools725/0...

You can use it to transfer from an idw/dwg drawing to other existing idw/dwg drawings borders, title blocks and skecth symbols but unfortunately not a standard style (excepted if an imported symbol uses this new standard style)..

I hope that will help you.

Nicolas Bourquin
Message 3 of 3

Hi Nicolas,

Is there any way to manually update old drawings with new styles?  Can I not open an old drawing in Inventor and import my styles so that all the existing dimensions, sections etc. are updated to suit the new styles I have created?

Regards

Jazz

Dell Precision T1700
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1241 v3 @ 3.50GHz (4 Cores)
Windows 7 64-Bit
16.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K2200 (12002 MB / 4096 MB)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report