Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
MaxOtis
Message 1 of 7 (337 Views)
Accepted Solution

Drawing Dimensions and iPart

337 Views, 6 Replies
10-10-2012 07:34 PM

I know this question has been asked a few times, but I can't find a solution to this.

I am aware that when making a drawing of an iPart, there is no dimensions to be retrieve. But is there any other way to automaticaly show dimensions when creating a drawing ?

I know that I can make appear a table with the dimensions, but I would prefer showing the dimensions on the actual view.

I am using Inventor LT 2012, but if there is a solution requiring the full version (iLogic ?) I will considere buying it.

Thank you

Max Otis

n.shaikh
Message 2 of 7 (326 Views)

Re: Drawing Dimensions and iPart

10-10-2012 10:23 PM in reply to: MaxOtis

Hi Max, I am also looking for a method to create dimensions automatically. If you have found the solution please post it.

Regards

Naim

Naim Shaikh
Contributor
MaxOtis
Message 3 of 7 (303 Views)

10-11-2012 11:34 PM in reply to: n.shaikh

Hello Naim,

I haven't found anything yet unfortunately,

But I am still looking.

Regards,

Max

Contributor
MaxOtis
Message 4 of 7 (282 Views)

10-14-2012 11:09 PM in reply to: MaxOtis

Still looking for a solution.

Any idea will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Max Otis

Valued Mentor
IgorMir
Message 5 of 7 (253 Views)

10-15-2012 05:26 PM in reply to: MaxOtis

Hi Max,

The idea is - to dimension the drawing views manually. How hard is that, really? Once the first iPart is fully documented - creating follow up drawings is a matter of a few clicks. All the dimensions will be there. Well, some cleaning might require afterwards but that depends on a complexity of the follow up iParts.

I don't really believe there is a magic button in Inventor which will allow you to get it all done automatically.

Regards,

Igor.

MaxOtis wrote:

Still looking for a solution.

Any idea will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Max Otis

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Contributor
MaxOtis
Message 6 of 7 (221 Views)

10-16-2012 07:22 PM in reply to: IgorMir

I don't see the point if it is hard or not,

By doing, anybody without draft skills (ie a seller who need a drawing for a quote) could simply select an ipart and print it.

It would also make the drawings more standard and remove the human error factor (forget some dimensions etc..)

If we can get driven dimensions change automatically by changing ipart in a model, I don't understand why the equivalent wouldn't be available in a dwg.

Maybe ILogic is needed ? I"ll go take a look on the iLogic forum.

Regards,

Max Otis

Contributor
MaxOtis
Message 7 of 7 (195 Views)

10-23-2012 05:53 PM in reply to: MaxOtis

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube