Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draft Face is measuring a different angle to the input parameter.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
GavoGarmo
460 Views, 6 Replies

Draft Face is measuring a different angle to the input parameter.

Hi,

I'm having a real problem with a part I'm trying to develop:

I'm attempting to have a single timber part that has several draft face features within it, so I can control the bevelsa on the part with iLogic at a later date. The problem I'm having is that when the "running bevel" changes direction it throws out the bevels on the ends.  (I've attached the file, it's very difficult to put into words.

But basically: When the running bevel is "forward" the end bevel measures 20degrees (as it should) When I flip the running bevel to "backwards" the same end bevel now measure 19.7degrees while the input parameter still says 20. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

GavoGarmo

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
GavoGarmo
in reply to: GavoGarmo

Just so you can see how I'm measuring the angle

Message 3 of 7
MingweiGao

I am not sure why you selected the edge to measure the angle. But I selected the face and the angle is 20 deg. Please refer to the attached picture.

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 4 of 7
GavoGarmo
in reply to: MingweiGao

Hi,

Thanks for taking a look

The Edge and the face get the same results. If you flip the "Running Bevel Direction" of the iLogic form then remeasure the angle result will be incorrect. Please see attached image.

GavoGarmo

Message 5 of 7
MingweiGao

Hello, GavoGarmo

I just found the direction of End Bevel B2 is different between “Forward” and “Backward”. Refer to the attached pictures. I am not sure why when you change the type to “Backward” and the direction is changed – sorry for I didn’t spend much more time to see your iLogic rule. However, if I change the draft method from “Fix Edge” to “Fix Plane”, it seems working well. You can refer to my attached file.

Hope this helps.

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 6 of 7
GavoGarmo
in reply to: MingweiGao

Hi MingweiGao,

Thanks for spotting the source of the problem.

Is there an objective reason for the error, or is it a glitch in inventor? To apply the solution to the parts I currently have in my templates will take some time. Is there any hope of automating the 'repair' to existing parts?

Thanks again

GavoGarmo

Message 7 of 7
MingweiGao

Because the face to determine the draft direction is changed during you change the type from “Forward” and “Backward”,  so this may causes the update of End Bevel B2 feature not use the “new” face as the draft direction(if I manually edit the feature and select the “new” face, the result is OK.) .  Currently, I recommend that you change the draft method of End Bevel B2 feature from “Fix Edge” to “Fix Plane” to avoid the update issue.

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report