Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Inventor 2015

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
peter.elliott
4738 Views, 15 Replies

Downloading Inventor 2015

It's always been a minor problem with inventor, but I've tried at least 6 times to browser download the latest inventor and I get anywhere from 1kb to 2.9 Gb of the 3.9Gb file before the download finishes. Most frustrating and pointless use of my data.

Does anyone else have this problem?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
jessica.t
in reply to: peter.elliott

Hello Peter and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Sorry for the download troubles but we'll get this figured out! To ensure that you get the best download performance please take the following steps:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall/antivirus or VPN, if you use one.
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.

If you follow these guidelines and the problem persists, please respond to this post. Or please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 16
peter.elliott
in reply to: jessica.t

Thanks for your advice Jessica.

These things didn't work.

I even tried a few different browsers.

The downloads stop at either 1kb or 2,097,153 kb.

I download the software at work for distribution to my CAD students, for their home computers. It seems to make sense to download once and put on pen drives. They then register and install from pen drive. It's worked great up until Inventor 2015.

I'm suspecting that it's a work hardware firewall on the server type of thing, although our IT man says it should be fine.

In the meantime I'll stick with 2014, which has it's own issues sometimes - the vba thing if they have office installed after inventor.

Maybe this should go off forum on account of it seems to be only my problem

peter.elliott@cadtraining.co.nz

cheers

Peter

Message 4 of 16
Ajcraig99

The only way i got it to work was to use a 3rd party download manager, set the speed to "medium" and it should do the job.

http://download.cnet.com/Internet-Download-Manager/3000-2071_4-10071618.html

Message 5 of 16
jessica.t

Thanks for the follow up, Peter. One other thing I didn't mention was disabling your UAC. Then you could try re-downloading from our Virtual Agent instead of your current location. Hopefully that helps! If you would like to give it another try be sure to let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 16
peter.elliott

Hi Jessica,

All of these things failed.

I've also tried to download the files on other computers and at different locations, both office and home. Logging on through the normal channels and using the virtual agent. Every time the file stops immediately or on the second try - at 2Gb.

Other downloads work, both on the Autocad site and other sites.

I'd be interested to know if anybody has succeeded with this...

Cheers

Peter

Message 7 of 16

I've tried starting another account with another email address, on different computers at different places.

Always the first download stops immediately and the second gets to 2gb of 3.9, showing 11 minutes left, then suddenly completes.

When I try to run the file it says file corrupt.

I'm pretty sure it's your problem.

Cheers

Peter

Message 8 of 16
david.lau

Did you try it from the Virtual Agent?  Which software are you trying to download?  I can test it to be sure that final size is about 4 GB. 

David Lau
Message 9 of 16
ajcraig99

Peter, See my above post. Its the only way to get it to work.

Nothing wrong on our end, just a poxy server hosting the file so you have to download it in chunks that you can resume properly when the download drops out.

Message 10 of 16
Paul-Mason
in reply to: ajcraig99

I constantly had this problem with the 64bit version download the only way I found round this was to use a 32bit computer and download the 32bit, DON'T PANIC as the download is duel 32 & 64 bit, once downloaded you should see two folders, x64 and the other x86, the version.txtsays "Combined installer version is 18.0.0.20that means that  install.exe auto detects either a 32bit (x86) or 64bit (x64).

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 11 of 16
peter.elliott
in reply to: david.lau

Hi, yes I tried the virtual agent, same thing - only the part file. I tried a download manager and the full size downloaded, but corrupted the file.

I'll try the 32 bit version...

Message 12 of 16
jessica.t

Great @peter.elliott! Let us know how it goes!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 13 of 16
peter.elliott

Didn't work.

I'll ring your New Zealand office and rant to them.

Message 14 of 16
david.lau
Message 15 of 16
jchoover

Hello everyone, 

I am a student at NTC in Northern Wisconsin studying Architecture and 3D modeling. I was having the same problem with the installation of Inventor 2015 on my home PC. I have finally been able to get this to install and work. I did many things to get here and hopefully this will help for others in the future.

1. I had completely cleaned my comp. of all Autodesk products. ( you probably don't have to do this but I did prior to finding the solution.)

2. I cleared out my Temp file by typing %TEMP% in the Explorer address bar and deleting all.

3. I set my UAC to the lowest setting. ( I plan on turning it back to the original setting.)

4. I made sure my pop-up blocker was off for this page. 

5. I do not have any anti-virus protection, but if I did I would turn them down as well. 

6. I downloaded both the 64 bit files (part 1 & 2) from the Autodesk virtual Agent. It instructs you to DL these files into one folder on your desktop. I missed that instruction and noticed it after downloading the files, however I cut them from my download file and put them into a separate file on my desktop after I downloaded them. There are two files, one is substantially larger than the other. I believe it is around 380 MBs. Open this one first and it should prompt you to choose the file to extract to. 

7. From there it is business as usual. Smiley Very HappyWHEW!!! ( now I have to re-install my other Autodesk products...Smiley LOL)

This took a long time to figure out by reading forums and just toying around with the downloads. I really wish if the Autodesk folks knew about this they could have saved me sooo much time and frustration by alerting me to this issue on the download page. Or perhaps just redirecting the user to the Virtual Agent right away. Oh well...

Now this has worked for me and I don't know if maybe I missed something (it's been a long night), but this is what I have done and it works. I hope this will help someone out there experiencing the same issues. GOOD LUCK!!!

Message 16 of 16
mhdsodik67

good

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report