Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Sheet Bend

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Sinkie
752 Views, 5 Replies

Double Sheet Bend

Is there a way to do a double sheet bend in Inventor 2014? I am wanting to bend two thicknesses of a sheet metal part with one bend so when we move the part into TruTops it recognizes it as a double sheet bend. I have attached a screenshot of the part.

Also, we are in the process of switching to Inventor 2015, will this work any differently in 2015?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Sinkie

you can use "fold"

The hem tool does some doubles too (type dropdown)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
IgorMir

Something like the attached?

@Sinkie wrote:

Is there a way to do a double sheet bend in Inventor 2014? I am wanting to bend two thicknesses of a sheet metal part with one bend so when we move the part into TruTops it recognizes it as a double sheet bend. I have attached a screenshot of the part.

Also, we are in the process of switching to Inventor 2015, will this work any differently in 2015?

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 4 of 6
Sinkie

Thank you, but those are not quite what I am trying to do. Here is what I need the part to end up like. The Problem I am running into with the way I have it made here is the two flanges show up in TruTops as two seperate bends. I need to be able to make the hem, then bend the 90 deg angle.

Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr

Did you try contour flange?

But other than that...I don't know what TruTops is nor its limitations/requirements.. so I'm out 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 6
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi Sinkie,

What if you created your model as you have:

Autodesk Inventor Double Sheet Bend 01.png

And then you used the Unfold tool (not Flat Pattern tool) to unfold just the double bend, and then exported the model to TruTops in this state:

Autodesk Inventor Double Sheet Bend.png

So that the bends are aligned to one side.

Like mcgyvr, I'm not familiar with the TruTops software, so I'm not sure what it would require to know how to create this as a double bend. Attached is my version of your model in case it is useful.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report