Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Inventor 2014 crash more than Inventor 2013?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
oransen
917 Views, 14 Replies

Does Inventor 2014 crash more than Inventor 2013?

I've just been testing my programs with Inventor 2014 and I get five or six crashes a day.

With 2013 I can't remember the last crash I had.

So does Inventor 2014 crash more than Inventor 2013?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
csaba.stupak
in reply to: oransen

Could you provide the steps to recreate this crash so we can reproduce the issue?

If it is dataset dependent, could you send us the dataset?

Thanks,

Csaba

Message 3 of 15
oransen
in reply to: csaba.stupak

I've been sending the error reports as requested by the Inventor Crash Handler.
Message 4 of 15
mcgyvr

So far the program itself has been VERY stable to me..

I can't remember when it crashed (if at all)..

BUT I always take the time to properly update graphics drivers/turn off AV programs/disable UAC/clean temp files,etc.. prior to install. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 15
Mario428

I went from 2012 to 2014 and find 2014 much more stable.

Had one crash last week, do not remember the previous one and the 6 other users here I beleive find the same thing.

Message 6 of 15
bob_holland

Owen,

I check our crash reports and could not find any associated to the domain that you use for your forum login.

Can you please provide me with the email address that you are submitting the CERs under.

This way, I will be able to check the reports and see what we might be able to do for you.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 7 of 15
oransen
in reply to: bob_holland

I have Inventor installed on a laptop I take around with me, but I'll see what I can do.

Anyway the crash was sometimes folloed by a "The graphics card has stopped working and has been restarted" message and I've just seen that there is a new service pack which seems to correct some graphics card errors...

I'll give that a go and let you know,

Message 8 of 15
mdavis22569

What is the Video Card in the laptop? Also what do you have in your application options for graphic settings....? It sounds like you have more of a graphics issue than software issue

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 9 of 15
bob_holland

Owen,

I would like to have you create the following two reports off of the computer that is experiencing the issue:
Inventor Diagnostics
Microsoft DxDiag

I have attached two PDFs to assist you if needed.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 10 of 15
Mario428
in reply to: Mario428

@Mario428 wrote:

I went from 2012 to 2014 and find 2014 much more stable.

Had one crash last week, do not remember the previous one and the 6 other users here I beleive find the same thing.

LOL, Murphy's law does apply, less than an hour after I posted Inventor crashed. But I was pushing the limits with a couple of big IDW files open and trying to update the large assembly

Message 11 of 15
oransen

Ok, got them. I've just installed Service Pack 1 - Update 3, hope I don't need them
Message 12 of 15
bob_holland

Owen,

Does this mean that your Inventor is no longer crashing?

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 13 of 15
oransen

It seems to crash less. I send the crash reports with my email address: help at ransen.com. I need to test more...
Message 14 of 15
Mark_Wigan

2014 is fine but i and lots of people i work with set the graphics to compatibility mode if it has issues (after installing all service pack / updates & updating your vid drivers etc of course)

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 15 of 15
oransen
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

"2014 is fine but i and lots of people i work with set the graphics to compatibility mode if it has issues (after installing all service pack / updates & updating your vid drivers etc of course)"

You mean "compatible with previous versions of Inventor mode" in the Inventor options dialog?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report