Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display problem Nvidia quadro 4000m

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
vmcarbonneau
5084 Views, 11 Replies

Display problem Nvidia quadro 4000m

When I am panning, the image in the display window flickers. It's worst when using the 3D mouse. When 3D rotating, it's not that bad.

I have a top of the line Dell M6600 with a quadro 4000m display card, hardware limitation shouldn't be a problem. I tried different drivers.

We have Z400 with quadro fx580 that don't have this problem.

Anyone with same setup experiencing or not this problem ? Which driver version ?

Vinc

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
mcgyvr
in reply to: vmcarbonneau

what are your settings in

tools..application options..hardware tab?

and how about tools..application options..display tab (display section settings..refresh/display quality)

Have you loaded the latest driver for that card from nvidias site NOT dells site?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 12
blair

The Dell site will have older version of drivers (they don't keep up on current Nvidia drivers). You will need to go to someone like the http://laptopvideo2go.com/ for their Mod'd drives.

Part of the install will require you to copy a DLL file to the directory of the extracted current version of Nvidia drivers. This will allow you to install non-Dell graphics card drivers.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 12
vmcarbonneau
in reply to: blair

Latest drivers from Nvidia,

Settings:

Hardware : Quality (No amelioration when set to Performance)

Display : I changed every settings with no success

Message 5 of 12
trumpy81

I might be off the beaten track here, but how old are the computers/graphics cards?

When was the last time the fans were cleaned inside the computers, especially the graphics card fans?

Sometimes a slightly overheating card will display odd behaviour, it's just a thought, but worth checking out at least.

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 6 of 12

Hi Vinc,

Could be the driver for your 3D device needs updating.  I have virtually the same setup as you, and I don't have this problem.

I would also suggest getting the nVidia driver directly from their website.

FWIW, here's my driver versions:

nVidia Graphics Driver 296.35

3Dconnexion Driver 3.15.3

HTH

Bob

Message 7 of 12
amdomag
in reply to: Greatwhitenorth

Hi guys!

I wonder how many times is the Quadro 4000 faster than GeForce GTX 460 in civil 3D.

Thank you.

Regards.

Message 8 of 12
SBix26
in reply to: amdomag

I wonder what the odds are that anyone in the Inventor forum could answer your question.

Message 9 of 12
amdomag

WTH! Sorry!

I was actually in a C3D forum and suddenly I found myself in the Inventor..

Thanks for informing me.

Message 10 of 12

Hi Vinc,

Did you get this resolved?

I have this exact setup and have not experienced this issue.  I am using the latest Nvidia drivers not the Dell drivers.  I also have my graphics display set to Quality in Inventor Pro.  I do have a problem with my screen "zoom jumping" in and out more than occasionally though.

Does it do this on every file - large and small?

Do you have all of your Windows Updates installed?

Any other Graphics Card issues or is this the only one?

JB

BOXX 4920 XTREME
Intel Six Core i7-4960X OC'd to 4.5GHz / Water-Cooled
480 GB SSD x 2
48 GB 1600 MHz RAM
NVIDIA K6000 Quadro Graphics Card
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 Bit
"BEAST MODE"
Message 11 of 12

I got it resolved but solution is weird : I have to activate windows Aero, if it's not activated, I have problems when dragging views. Same thing happen on different machines.

Message 12 of 12

Ok.  Good to know.

Later

BOXX 4920 XTREME
Intel Six Core i7-4960X OC'd to 4.5GHz / Water-Cooled
480 GB SSD x 2
48 GB 1600 MHz RAM
NVIDIA K6000 Quadro Graphics Card
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 Bit
"BEAST MODE"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report