Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Text in Borders and TitleBlocks

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
Garrett.SudickyADMIN
1791 Views, 24 Replies

Disappearing Text in Borders and TitleBlocks

Hi,  I keep running into a problem where text disappears upon loading of files in Inventor from the Titleblocks and the Borders.  This doesn't always occur, but happens on different drawings at different times.  Sometimes a restart of Inventor will fix the problem and sometimes a whole computer reboot is needed until the .idw will show up correctly.  Has anyone else had this issue/know how to stop this from periodically happening?

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

@Mehran01920 wrote:

Hi,  I keep running into a problem where text disappears upon loading of files in Inventor from the Titleblocks and the Borders.  This doesn't always occur, but happens on different drawings at different times.  Sometimes a restart of Inventor will fix the problem and sometimes a whole computer reboot is needed until the .idw will show up correctly.  Has anyone else had this issue/know how to stop this from periodically happening?

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?  What version of Inventor?  Also, check to make sure you are up to date on Updates & Service Packs, and that graphics drivers are up to date.

Message 3 of 25

Hi, thanks for the quick response!  All the drivers are up to date and I am using Inventor 2014 Professional with the correct updates/service packs installed.  I have attached two files that show the problem I am having. I also have an iLogic code that PDFs all the drawings for all the parts within an assembly and the pdfs sometimes show this same problem so I believe there is some sort of graphical loading problem.

Message 4 of 25

what is your hardware option set to in Tools > Application Options > Hardware tab?

if that is set high, try a lower option such as compatibility.

Message 5 of 25

I've recently moved the settings down to Compatibility and the problem still occurs (though it seems to not do so as frequently but that is just my perception at the moment).

Message 6 of 25

If you try to Edit Definition on the Titleblock, does the text then show up, or are you able to select it and get it to highlight... as if it's there but just hiding?

Message 7 of 25

You can't highlight it, but when you click the tolerance text it opens the "Format Text" dialog box and all the text does show up appropriately (this screenshot is from the file where the text does not show in the actual .idw).

Message 9 of 25

This is what I get when I run the diagnostics in Inventor:

This Direct3D graphics driver is Microsoft WHQL certified

Graphics Hardware Description:

NVIDIA Quadro 2000

Direct3D 10

Hardware Renderer

Graphics driver file nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um is version 9.18.0013.2000

Using Full optimization  (this is the recommended setting)

The display is using 32-bit color

Inventor Version:

Build: 222, Release: 2014 SP1 Update 2 - Date: Tue 12/10/2013      

64-Bit Edition - 8192.00 GB

System Information:

Operating System:                          64-bit Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

Language:                                           English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer:                  Hewlett-Packard

System Model:                                                 HP Z210 Workstation

BIOS:                                                     Default System BIOS

Processor:                                           Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31240 @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

System Memory:                                             16384MB RAM

Dedicated System Memory:       0MB

Shared System Memory:                              7915MB

Dedicated Video Memory:          978MB

Page File:                                             5074MB used, 27608MB available

DirectX Version:                               DirectX 11

DxDiag Version:                                6.01.7601.17514

Graphics Device Information:

DirectX Version:               10.0

Renderer:                           HAL

Adapter Description:      NVIDIA Quadro 2000

DDI Version:                       11

DDI Version Number:     b

DxDiag WHQL Level:       0

Driver Signed Valid:         True

Driver Signed:                    True

Manufacturer:                  NVIDIA

Chip Type:                           Quadro 2000

DAC Type:                           Integrated RAMDAC

Revision:                             

Vendor ID string:              0x000010de

Device ID string:               0x00000dd8

Graphics HW Memory: 701 MB

Display Mode:                   1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz)

VendorID:                           10de

DeviceID:                             dd8

SubSystemID:                    84a103c

Revision:                              a1

Graphics driver file:         nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

Driver file version:           9.18.0013.2000

Driver Date:                        4/18/2013 23:24:21

WHQL Level:                      1

Inventor Graphics Device Information:

Graphics Hardware Description: NVIDIA Quadro 2000

Hardware Library ID: Direct3D 10 \ 0x000010de \ 0x00000dd8

Direct3D Hardware ID: 10de \ dd8 \ 84a103c \ a1

Inventor Options Information:

Options = 0x00000000

Warning Options = 0x00000000

Inventor Hardware Library Information:

HW Library Version = $Revision: #1 $

HW Library Date = $DateTime: 2013/01/15 11:05:45 $

HW Library OS Name = Windows 7 x64

Inventor Hardware Library Entry Information:

Autodesk Inventor Certification Status:                                 Gold

Autodesk Inventor Tested Certification Status:                  Unknown

Graphics HW Vendor Supported for Autodesk Inventor:               False

Hardware Library 2.0

Settings for optimized and conservative:

Workarounds:  0x00000000, 0x00000000

rating  4, optimization level 2

Texture Font Precision: 256

Display Information:

Back Buffer Format = DXGI_FORMAT_R8G8B8A8_UNORM

Depth Stencil Buffer Format = DXGI_FORMAT_D24_UNORM_S8_UINT

Monochrome Bitmap Format = DXGI_FORMAT_A8_UNORM

Graphics driver log information:

Mar/18/2014-10:38:08:  Fail to create D3D11 factory, We need to change it for current inventor session: D3D11 -> D3D10.

Mar/18/2014-10:48:54:  User changes the graphics driver manually: D3D10 -> D3D11.

Mar/18/2014-11:08:45:  Fail to create D3D11 factory, We need to change it for current inventor session: D3D11 -> D3D10.

Mar/18/2014-11:15:35:  Fail to create D3D11 factory, We need to change it for current inventor session: D3D11 -> D3D10.

Message 10 of 25

How about installing update 3 for SP1 and try again.  I haven't read the faq's for update 3 but it's worth a shot if nothing else works.

Message 11 of 25
cbenner
in reply to: ampster401
Message 12 of 25

Thanks again both of you for the quick responses/suggestions.  I will put the update on my computer and check if that helps at all.  I didn't realize that there was a new update as of last week; is there any way that you know of to get alerts when the updates come out?  Also, I will look into and ask about what files I can safely put on here since the company can sometimes be sticklers on sending information out.

Message 13 of 25

@Mehran01920 wrote:

... is there any way that you know of to get alerts when the updates come out?

Hi Mehran01920,

You might be able to use Communication Center to do this (provided your friendly IT professional hasn't prevented it:)

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-2444E4D1-4AC8-4A4C-9D07-64637C4B8431

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-7CDC1590-2D81-4577-952C-B69182C69D1B

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 14 of 25

Alright here is a file that you guys can try to use/recreate the results.  Like I said doesn't always happen, only periodically so who knows if it will or not.  Also, I noticed some of the text in the title block is just missing some letters.  Where it should say "DB, SQUARE DRIVE SHAFT" it says "DB, SUARE DRIE SAFT."  I have attached that image as well.

Message 15 of 25

Curtis, it says that the Communication Center is on but it also says my product is up to date (which I don't believe it is since I never added Update 3 and never received an alert). I may not have it correctly set up though. I will do some research on how to set it up; thanks for the advice!
Message 16 of 25

Oh sorry, don't know if you need the .ipt as well, but here it is.

Message 17 of 25

Mehran,

Can you please download, install and test the following Nvidia driver for your system:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/72759/en-us

Please send us an update after you have tested this.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 18 of 25

yes, to fully open the idw we would need the ipt.

Using Inv 2014 Professional with no updates, I'm not able to reproduce what you are seeing.  However when I go edit "Morrison Detail" and then just go thru the motions of editing the TOLERANCE text (but not actually change anything in the text editor) and then press the OK button, the text jumps to a different location, sort of half in and half out of the tolerance text "border".

That may not have anything to do with your issue, just appears to be something not right with how that text has been formatted or constrained to that location.

One possible reason I may not be able to produce this issue is I rarely load up Inventor with anything that strains the system or Inventor, ie, when I opened your file Inventor had just been started.  What you are seeing I suspect at times Inventor has had too much and just needs to be restarted to release anything in memory.

Maybe someone else will have different results.

Message 19 of 25

As far as updates go, I have installed the appropriate drivers/updates and the problem still pops up.

Message 20 of 25

Mehran,

Can you please provide us with an other Inventor Diagnostics Report and a DxDiag Report.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report