Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensions of Assembly in idw Drawing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mh1349
2073 Views, 6 Replies

Dimensions of Assembly in idw Drawing

Recently when I have placed a view of an assembly into an idw drawing, then try to dimension distances between parts it gives me strange looking dimensions, or no dimensions at all.  It looks as though the dimensions are going from the edges of each part at different angles, when I want them to be parallel to the view.  I just want the dimension from a line to a line in that view as though it is 2d, but it is acting like it is still in 3d. I do not know if their is a setting that will change this or not. But any help would be appreciated. 

I attached a screen shot of what the dimensions look like.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jletcher
in reply to: mh1349

Right click on view and change option in General Dimension Type Not sure what one you will need but I am sure it will be the True option..

Dim.JPG

Message 3 of 7
mh1349
in reply to: jletcher

I just tried that and I was on projected, switched it to true and it still did the same thing.  I changed it back and forth a couple times, and nothing changed.  I am using the SMOOTH dimension style.

Message 4 of 7
jletcher

Did you re-dimension it because it will not change the dimension you already placed

Message 5 of 7
mh1349
in reply to: jletcher

yes I did. 

Message 6 of 7
mh1349

Alright for some reason it finally worked when I set it to projected. Thanks for the help.

Message 7 of 7
Cadmanto

Did you try creating the dimension in a different style?

Also when you place the dimension as you are placing it RC and see if this is selected.

DIM.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report