Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Dimension Size On Isometric Views

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jvolence
650 Views, 2 Replies

Dimension Size On Isometric Views

I'm sure there's an easy answer for this, but I'm a little stuck. I have an assembly that I would like to show dimensions on an isometric view. I am able to create the dimension, no problem. Issue I'm having is that when placed on  a standard lettersize page, the dimensions are too hard to read. I've tried editing the size by double clicking the dimension & editing the font. It doesn't seem to make a difference what font size I enter, the size remains the same. How can I change the text size on isometric dimensions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jtylerbc
in reply to: jvolence

I think you'll need to edit your dimension style (or create a new one, if you still need the normal sized one in this drawing) to make this work.

In the Styles Editor, first go to the Text Styles.  Pick whichever text style your current dimension style references, and click New.  Give the new text style a name (ex. "Big Iso Text"), set it to the desired text size, and save it.

Then go to the Dimension Styles.  Pick the current dimension style and click New.  Name the new style (ex. "Big Iso Dims"), , then go to the Text tab and set "Big Iso Text" as the text style.

Create your dimensions, then switch their Style (from the dropdown list on the Annotate tab) to the "Big Iso Dims" style.

If this is something you'll do regularly, you might want to add the new styles to your template so they'll be available on future drawings.

Message 3 of 3
jvolence
in reply to: jtylerbc

That worked. I knew it was something easy. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums