Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design accelerator shaft section hatch lines do not appear

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mkamies
1356 Views, 3 Replies

Design accelerator shaft section hatch lines do not appear

I have a problem were when , i take a design accelator shaft to .idw and section it the the hatch lines do not appear as they would if it was a shft drawn from scratch.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: mkamies

Welcome aboard!

Edit the drawing view, design accelerator parts are "standard" parts.  See image, set that to Always, and see if the hatching shows up.  This is quite common with Content Center and DA parts.

sect.JPG

Message 3 of 4
mikeweb74
in reply to: mkamies

When you use the design accelerator to create the shaft inventor creates a sub assembly called shaft and part called shaft. If you open the the shaft part file and use that in your drawing when sectioned it will hatch like normal.

If you want to create section view of an assembly, before you create the section view you need to find the part or parts in the base view in the browser that you want sectioned then right click and pick section participation then set to section the section then it will hatch.

Another option is to go to the application options on the assembly tap and check section all parts.

If you want to section design accelerator standard parts like bearings you will need to right click the section view pick edit view then on the display options change section standard parts to always.

Michael Webster, CD, CSWP
Purdue SWT, South Bend
South Bend, IN

Home/Work: Dell Precision 6700M
Win 7 64bit Pro
i7-3820QM 8 GB
Nvidia Quadro 3000M 2GB
Inventor 2014.
Message 4 of 4
mkamies
in reply to: mikeweb74

Thank you mikeweb74

It worked section hatch lines do appear

Mandy Kamies
Mechanical Eng. Intern Corning Products SA
Cell : 071 988 3233
Email : kamiesm@corning.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report