Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design View Representations & BOM quantities

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1048 Views, 6 Replies

Design View Representations & BOM quantities

Is there any way to make the BOM quantities match what is shown in the Design View Representation when the same part is used elsewhere in the assembly? Right now, the quantity for the entire assembly is shown in my BOM, NOT what is represented in the design view.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pauldoubet
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are using 2009 or prior this is not possible unless you manually edit your parts list quantity. This has been reported to Autodesk and I think it is a wishlist item. I am not using 2010 but I don't think this has changed in 2010.

Hope this helps, Paul
Message 3 of 7
mcgyvr

NO for 2010 also..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 7
Paul.Normand

Hi,

You need to use iAssemblies to make the BOM/Parts List display quantity changes based on visibility of component occurrences. If some component instances are visible in the View Rep, then this option is probably the best.

However, a View Rep will work if ALL ocurrences of a component are invisible. There is a View Rep Parts List filter option in drawings that will remove rows from a Parts List if all occurences are invisible in the designated Design View. You could then use a Parts List override to enter what you need.

I've attached an image of the filter setting.

Best Regards,

Paul Normand (Autodesk)

Paul Normand
Principal Content Developer/SME
Design Lifecycle and Simulation (DLS)
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you for the advice. We've got the filters enabled. I will check out the iAssemblies.
Message 6 of 7
eucci

Any progress on this "wish list" item?  Manually overriding the BOM is clearly problematic

Message 7 of 7
scottmoyse
in reply to: Paul.Normand

Its a shame that iAssemblies are largely rubbish.... they could be so much better. 

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report