Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Data file path

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
eveylynne
2064 Views, 2 Replies

Design Data file path

The company just upgrade our server last weekend, so it has a new name.

I have the file path for the design data, and the only difference should be that the server name is different.  The reamaining folders and files  are organized as they were preveiously.  However, when I update this file path in IV under Application Options\File\Design Data (Styles, etc.), this error pops up:

The specified folder is not complete with all Design Data and style library files.
Please select a Design Data folder which contains all the necessary files/folders.

IF I don't update the file path, and let IV look for the older server name, I get a list of xml files that it can't open.  Each one of these is in the folder with the new server name.  

IF I change IV to look to the new server and get the error and click ok, I can open a part or assembly and get no errors.  If I close IV, and reopen, then open an assembly or part that I just had open, I have a plethora of "Cannot open XML file" errors (see attached png) that I would have gotten if I hadn't changed the file path.

Running 2013

Any ideas or suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jingyi.liu
in reply to: eveylynne

Hi Eveylynne

Please refer to previous post, it was a known issue, and you should install the latest update 1, it could address the issue.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Default-location-for-templates-in-Inventor-2013/td-p...

Regards,

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 3 of 3
eveylynne
in reply to: jingyi.liu

I'm afraid that the link doesn't seem to work. 

Regardless, Design Data is working now.  For some reason, the folder was missig a few files.  I copied the missing files from the original install (to my computer, C dirve) to the design data on the server.  This removed the "not complete" error. 

The "cannot open xml" issue was because Inventor was looking to the old server name, not the new.  After fixing that in the Applicatio Options and the Project file paths, Inventor was happy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report