Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Accelerator grayed out.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
FrancisBell
613 Views, 4 Replies

Design Accelerator grayed out.

I am having a problem with the design accelerator in 2014. The tab is there, but I cannot click any of the buttons to actually insert a frame or design some gears. They are all grayed out. The design Accelerator appears to be loaded in the add-ins screen. I am running Win 7 64 bit. Thanks for any assistance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 3 of 5
FrancisBell
in reply to: cbenner

I am in the assembly mode. I reopened the assembly and the design stuff showed up this time. Any ideas why it was blocked?

Message 4 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: FrancisBell

Only thing I can think of is if you were in the assembly, but had a part open for editing.  DA tools won't work in part environment.  Other than that.... not sure why.

Message 5 of 5
Paul.Normand
in reply to: FrancisBell

Without seeing a screen shot I couldn't say for sure, but if it happens again, check to see if the end of the ribbon has a button titled Load Full. If it does, this means that you opened an assembly with more than 500 unique occurrences (default setting), and it opened in a lightweight mode called Express in which some commands are not available.

To enable all commands, click Load Full.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Normand
Principal Content Developer/SME
Design Lifecycle and Simulation (DLS)
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report