Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derived assemblies and ballooning

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
karthur1
155 Views, 1 Reply

Derived assemblies and ballooning

I have a .ipt that is made from a derived assembly (.iam). The assembly is actually a weldment and the ipt is the machined weldment. Now I need to use this machined part in a different assembly. The catch is the new part is a mirror of the original. No problem, I though, just derived the machined part into another part and mirror it. That works great, until I try to make a detail for my weldment.
When I try to balloon the parts in the weldment, I only get one balloon (because it is a derived part).

I "could" start from scratch and rebuild the entire part, but that seems like a waste of time with this modern day software.

Is there any easier way?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
karin.pecovska
in reply to: karthur1

In INV 2009 I would use the new Substitute LOD functionality:
- In the original weldment assembly (from which the mirrored part was derived) create a new substitute LOD, use the derived part as the substitute part.
- In drawing create a base view from the weldment assembly in the Substitute LOD and a parts list from the created drawing view.

I am not aware about such a valid workaround (without some manual work and keeping associativity) in older INV versions.

Karin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report