Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derive prompt not working

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
406 Views, 5 Replies

Derive prompt not working

Hi, up to yesterday when I clicked on "Derive" while in a part file I would get a browse window to select the part I wanted to derive, after this a prompt would come up that asked if you wanted the part to be a surface or a solid, if you wanted to scale it, etc. For some odd reason today when I tried to derive a part it doesnt come up anymore. After I select the part it just gets inserted and to keep it I have to hit enter or right click and select "ok". Not sure why the prompt stopped popping out, havent changed anything. Anyone have had a similar issue?

Alan

Inventor Professional 2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure if it helps but I just found out its woking fine if I derive an assembly, the problem only ocurrs when I choose a part file.

The prompt window Im talking about is the one at 0:19 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeAqraGWhVg

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

No idea what went wrong but a fresh install of Inventor did the trick. Really hope this doesnt happen again.

Message 4 of 6
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

No idea what went wrong but a fresh install of Inventor did the trick.

Did you have the SP1.1 and Update installed?
Did you reboot?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I had SP1.1, which update are you refering to? I did re-launch Inventor, restarted my computer, set the options in Inventor back to the Default options but nothing seemed to do the trick. Tried working with files inside and outside of projects, in libraries but only assemblies seemed to work. Its been working fine since the re-install

-Alan

Message 6 of 6
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

Its been working fine since the re-install

-Alan

Be sure to set a Windows Restore Point in case the problem returns.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report