Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Creation (2014 Products)

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
tahdesign1
332 Views, 1 Reply

Deployment Creation (2014 Products)

I have always just installed from media directories on a server but this time I am going to create deployments for all my flavors.
I have a couple of simple questions:

1) I have pulled down all the current SP for all of my softwares. I will included them in the deployment images. My question goes to any new SP that might come out. One of the reasons in the past for installing from a network media directory was so that when I did install a SP I did not have to have the original media to plug in (USB, etc) since it was installed from the network. How will this work when installed from a deployment on the network, the same way?

2) As always you must disable the virus software when installing ADSK software. Should the virus software be disabled when the deployment image is made also?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DarrenP
in reply to: tahdesign1

1) I have pulled down all the current SP for all of my softwares. I will included them in the deployment images. My question goes to any new SP that might come out. One of the reasons in the past for installing from a network media directory was so that when I did install a SP I did not have to have the original media to plug in (USB, etc) since it was installed from the network. How will this work when installed from a deployment on the network, the same way? yes it works the same way as long as the deployment doesn't get moved to another location

2) As always you must disable the virus software when installing ADSK software. Should the virus software be disabled when the deployment image is made also? yes its always a good idea

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report