Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 1 of 2 (189 Views)

Deleting ribbon tabs

189 Views, 1 Replies
01-24-2013 05:44 AM

Does anyone know how to remove tabs from the ribbon? The "Environments" and "Online" tabs are worthless, I'd like to get rid of them and clean up the interface a bit.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Distinguished Contributor
eveylynne
Message 2 of 2 (159 Views)

Re: Deleting ribbon tabs

01-24-2013 01:16 PM in reply to: mrattray

If someone answers you, I'd like to know, too.

As a side note, if you're not using things in your Environments tab, your pc is still loading them when you start up IV.  There's an Add-Ins manager (You can find it in Tools/Options/Add-Ins,  or Environments/Add-ins) that will let you turn them off.  I barely use any add-ins.  Assembly Bonus Tools, drag & drop Interoperability, iCopy, and iLogic are the only ones I have Automatic/Loaded.  I use the Content Center every so often, but you can load it from the Add-In Manager when you need to use it.  

IV's launch time should improve.  & if not?  The useless menus will at least be bare.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.