Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default parts names

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
omer
572 Views, 3 Replies

Default parts names

Hello,

When I open a project and save a part, the default part name is Part1, Part2, etc…

For assemblies it's Assembly1, Assembly2, etc…

Is their a way I can choose my own default names? For example <project name>1, <project name>2, etc…

Another question, sometimes the inventor suggests a name that already exists in the project and in the folder, and when I save it, it asks me if I want to replace the file.

How can I make it catch up again on the part names that he gave?

Thanks,

BTW I use Autodesk Inventor 2012 pro

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jletcher
in reply to: omer

omer,

Is their a way I can choose my own default names? For example <project name>1, <project name>2, etc…

No not that I know unless you hack the registry..

Another question, sometimes the inventor suggests a name that already exists in the project and in the folder, and when I save it, it asks me if I want to replace the file.

How can I make it catch up again on the part names that he gave?

There is no way sorry..

Message 3 of 4
Cadmanto

Typically when you start a new session of Inventor it resets the clock persea.  So I can see you running into this issue if you leave the default file name it gives you.  The options I see is to either create an iLogic routine that gives you creates the file names for you, just manually type in the name you want, or if you have Vault, setup a numbering scheme.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 4
BLHDrafting

I think that the name (Part) comes from the name at the top of the model browser. So if you change that name in your template it uses that as the Save name. I copy designed my Standard Part template to a new one. Then I opened it and renamed the model tree top name to TEST. I then saved the template. Then I started a new file, used this new template, saved it and it saved with TEST.

save_name.png

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report