Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

**Master
BMiller63
Message 11 of 13 (139 Views)

Re: Default parts list style for each template type?

02-01-2010 07:10 AM in reply to: BMiller63
>> Am I misunderstanding something?

Nope, you've got it.

But I do have the need to manage and add styles fairly often.
*Pro
sbixler
Message 12 of 13 (139 Views)

02-01-2010 07:18 AM in reply to: BMiller63
Right, so then you just have to make the same changes to each of the four Object Defaults styles each time. I guess it's a toss-up between that and having to select a different Parts List style when you place a list from three of the four templates.
Sam
**Master
BMiller63
Message 13 of 13 (139 Views)

02-01-2010 07:32 AM in reply to: BMiller63
>> I guess it's a toss-up between that and having to select a different Parts List style when you place a list from three of the four templates.

That's the conclusion I came to as well. I think having the user choose the style is the better of the two, even though I know they'll forget many times. I will most likely place a sketched symbol on a layer that is set not to print, that reminds them which PL to use.

Thanks again for the replies, they have helped me feel confident that I wasn't overlooking something.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.