Valued Contributor
pompeo79
Message 1 of 3 (335 Views)
Accepted Solution

Decal Command and iParts-iAssemblies

335 Views, 2 Replies
10-23-2012 03:26 PM

Hi,

i have created an iPart with various mambers with different labels created with Decal command. (I use Inv2012, Win7)

(Each  member has Decal feature suppress or compute dependeng on his version).

Until now, fine.

Then i have created an Assembly and when i insert the iPart (with the labels version) no label appears..none of the iPart member show the label, works fine for other changes (measures, colors, properties, etc), but fail with Decal.

I can see the label only during the preview (befor fixing the part in the assembly, then it dissapear).

I have test it on notebooks, and workstation. No graphic card problem.

Is it a limit of the Decal feature?

Do i wrong somewhere?

Is it a bug issue?

Thanks for Support

You Can Download an example fuploaded by me here :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/63643836/Test%20Decal%20iPart.rar

Employee
jingyi.liu
Message 2 of 3 (300 Views)

Re: Decal Command and iParts-iAssemblies

10-31-2012 10:17 PM in reply to: pompeo79

You placed the decal on iPart factory, but when you placed it into your assembly, it was a ipart member derived from the  factory file. Since Inventor will ignore decal features when derive it, so you can't do it in that way.

You can use iLogic to get similar result, then choose place iLogic component in your assembly.

Inventor Professional 2015

Jingyi Liu
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk
Valued Contributor
pompeo79
Message 3 of 3 (291 Views)

Re: Decal Command and iParts-iAssemblies

11-01-2012 05:20 AM in reply to: pompeo79

Thank you Liu!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube