Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIMENSION POSTFIX TEXT

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
353 Views, 6 Replies

DIMENSION POSTFIX TEXT

I am currently wanting to have my horizontal dimensions above the dim line and the postfix text below.

I can set this in inventor but when i do a save as autocad.dwg (2007) the postfix text either ends up above the line or puts a double space below the line.

Any ideas ??

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forum.

What version are you running?  Can you post am image of what you are looking for exactly?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

I am running inventor 2013   please find image attached with dimension in inventor and then in cad

cheers

Message 4 of 7
Cadmanto

My thoughts are that you might have to do this through iLogic to accomplish this on a more regular and consistant basis.  While there are methods of spliting the values (as shown below) those will split units and not text values I believe.  That is why I suggested iLogic.

text.JPG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

I can set these values and things look great in inventor.  The problem comes when i export it to a 2d CAD drawing.  

Once in CAD i can play around with the text and get it back to how it should be but I obviously want it to do this automatically.

It appears to be a issue with understanding in 2d CAD where the prefix location is to be.

Message 6 of 7
Cadmanto

Sorry, I can't help you with the Autocad side of this.  Maybe you can post this in the Autocad forum and see what responses you get there on this.  Then piece it all together to get ultimately what you are looking for.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 7
karthur1

If I use the "Parallel" orientation, it does like you say in ACAD.  The closest I can get is to use the "Inline" orientation.

2013-11-06_0952.png

Then after placing the text, edit it an put in the modifer.

2013-11-06_0956.png

Exports to ACAD like this.

2013-11-06_0957.png

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report