Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom sheet numbering

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rfowler24
554 Views, 3 Replies

Custom sheet numbering

Greetings,

Is it possible to format sheet numbering such that selected sheets are tied together i.e:

Sheet 1

Sheet 2

Sheet 3-1

Sheet 3-2

Sheet 3-3

Sheet 4

Sheet 5-1

Sheet 5-2

Sheet 6

and so on....

The idea being, as the drawings are revised and grow, the notational references to different sheets need not always be changed.  For instance, if on sheet 1 I referenced a detail on sheet 4, then revised the drawing later, adding sheet 3-4, the reference to sheet 4 would remain valid.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Randy

PDSU2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello,

Thank you for having posted your question on the discussion group.

What you are looking for is not readily available in Inventor. You cannot change the “format” of the numbering of the sheets. “:1”; “:2” ;“:3”;…(right side of the “:”)

What is possible to do with multi sheets ?

1) Reordering the sheets (drag and drop up/down the sheet in the structure of the idw) => sheet number is automatically updated in the structure of the drawing but also in title block.

2) Renaming the sheet name (left side of the “:”)

3) Excluding one or several sheet(s) from the total amount of sheets (right click on the sheet >  edit sheet > exclude from count  (This may be a way to keep an old version of a page for example)

An intermediate solution (If I have understood your request) could be for example:

Create Sheet:1 – Sheet:2 – Sheet:3 – Sheet:4

Sheet:1 contains a simple text referencing for example Sheet :4

=> Sheet:3 needs an update (necessary to keep old version of Sheet:3 and Sheet:4 needs to stay Sheet:4 to keep the link in sheet:1 correct)

Create new sheet => sheet:5 => select sheet:3 => exclude from count => rename with “old sheet 3.1”  for example => move sheet :5 in 3rd position => comes sheet:3 (corresponding to the new version of the sheet:3) (sheet:4 stays sheet:4).

For future modification of sheet:3 => “old sheet 3.2” – “old sheet 3.3” - … (all excluded from count).

I hope that could help.

Let me know if you would need additional information on this subject.

Many Thanks

Nicolas Bourquin
Message 3 of 4

Spoiler

Hey I just found this post and am wondering why it just stopped? I mean we want to use the point system for our drawings (1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 2.1 and so on). Has anyone at the autodesk mansion figured this one out yet?

Chris Biggs
Engineer/CADD Services
New Horizons RV Corp.
2401 Lacey Drive
Junction City, KS 66441

Dell XPS 8300
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
16GB RAM
Win 8.1 Pro
Autodesk Product Design Suite 2014
Message 4 of 4
weavty1
in reply to: Cool_Breeze_Jr

Bumping this! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report