Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom (?) section and detail titles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Daniel.M.Chapman
353 Views, 4 Replies

Custom (?) section and detail titles

Hi,

I'm still pretty new to inventor and even newer to these forums.

This might be posted in the wrong area or a very silly question but google is failing me so I'm resorting to forum knowledge.

I'm in the process of setting up some templates so that we can start switching over to inventor from autocad for some jobs.

Obviously, the powers that be would like the end result drawings to be identical between programs, but the more I try achieve this, the more unlikely it seems this is going to be the case.

The latest speed bump I've come across is section and detail call ups.

Attached is a very rough representation of what I'd like to achieve.

Hopefully the picture explains what I want to do clearer than I can with words.

Can sheet reference be added in a way that they update themselves?

And if I need to display the titles with the circle/polygons shown, would the best way be to create a symbol that looks like what I want and attach that to each view?

Let me know if I need to clarify anything further

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I believe there is an enhancement request in for this for later versions.

We have had the same problems. people with powers wanting things there way.

Message 3 of 5

If it's a "must have" right now, you may be able to use the ".dwg" format, then investigate the use of sheet sets/blocks/attributes/fields in AutoCAD. I can't say specifically that it will work but it may be an option, although likely a cumbersome one.

For the record, it's probably not a bad idea for you to evaluate a lot about your CAD standard while making the shift. We evaluated ours pretty well and had to change a lot to accommodate the IV way of doing things. In the end it has worked out for the best.
Inventor Professional
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the replys.

The more I looked around, the more it seemed that was the case. At least I can stop looking and start trying to work out a way around it.

Seems like fairly critcal program flaw though. I havent come across anyones standards that don't require the referencing of details and sections between sheets?

Message 5 of 5

DrafterDan wrote:

Seems like fairly critcal program flaw though.

I concur and it is functionality that AD should add immediately IMHO.

Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report