Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Custom content center parts not updating Inventor 2012

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Meneely
1640 Views, 5 Replies

Custom content center parts not updating Inventor 2012

I've created a custom content center for the company I work for so we can store all our standard parts in it. I'm still in the testing phases of this library and I don't have a strong understanding of how it works exactly. I've made it a desktop content, and I made all the parts as iparts and published them that way. Now when I go back to that iPart and make a change it doesn't update. I've used the refresh buttons under the manage tab and in the editor and still no update. My goal is to be able to update the part if any revision comes back, and still have the standard part update in all assemblies it's placed in, if that's possible

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Meneely

@Meneely wrote:

Now when I go back to that iPart and make a change it doesn't update.

Hi Meneely,

Have you re-published the iPart after the change?

I think if you go to the Tools tab > Application Options button > Content Center tab, you'll find a Refresh out-of-date standard parts during placement option that should help with your goal of updating standard parts after making a change to your custom Content Center part and re-publishing.

This link might help as well:

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2014/ENU/Inventor/files/GUID-E51965B6-C931-4A45-BF32-7E456786136A...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 6
Meneely
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thank you for the reply.

I set the box to refresh out of date content, however it still didn't update. I'm Thinking i would need to re-publish the iPart but i don't know how to do that. I tried to use Replace Family Template while in the content center editor and i recieve an error message saying Import Part Invalid. 

Message 4 of 6
cbenner

Hi,

To do this you need to open the part from Content Center, pick any instance of your family, make sure you check "As Custom".  Save the part somewhere that you can work on it and make ytour changes.  Then go back to the CC, and use the Replace Family Template... pointing it to this most recent part.

I've found that once a part is published, the original ipart is almost useless.  I keep them around in case of catastrophic failure, I could start over fresh.  But for the most part, when i make changes to CC parts, I use the method above.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 6
Meneely
in reply to: cbenner

Alright, Thank you. I was hoping i could change the iPart and it would update the content center files with it.

Message 6 of 6
cbenner

Nope, afraid not.  Once the part is published there is no direct link back to the ipart.  You can change the ipart and republish it, then delete the old family... but I've found this method to be cleaner and quicker.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report