Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Tube and Pipe Style Needs to be imported each time...

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ChristianAlanJamesBerg
838 Views, 5 Replies

Custom Tube and Pipe Style Needs to be imported each time...

So as the title says I am running into trouble every time I open a new assembly using Inventor 2014... I am forced to re-import the style every time I go to create a tube & pipe run in a new assembly. I am trying to find some settings to make it a default style but have been unsuccessful thus far. Anyone know how to make my style remain an option and not force me to re-import each time?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

The template for the T & P is actually a IAM file on your system, you should be able to find it under this path: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Design Data\Tube & Pipe\en-US Save a copy of your updated file, open it, delete any runs that you have done and then save it in this directory on the default name. It would be a good thing to rename the existing file to "Piping Runs.SAV" so as to at least keep it around. This is the only file in Inventor that is stored in a obscure location.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: blair

I will be very interested in seeing how this works out for the OP, because I have had this issue before and tried this method in 2012, and it didn't work.

I would like to try this in 2014 and see if this same thing is repeated.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 6

Blair: Thanks for the help finding the location of the template file! That was the one thing that was holding me up. I found directions to do so on a previous version (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385597&linkID=9242018) but it looks like they moved the location of the tube and run templates to the location you suggested. 

Scott: I replaced the old default assembly with my new one and then restarted my comp and since then when I create a new assembly the styles I imported are remaining so it looks like whatever issue you previously had has been fixed.

Thanks for all the help.

Message 5 of 6
blair
in reply to: Cadmanto

I do a lot of flexible T & P runs. The first thing I do is copy my old "Piping Runs" assembly fine in and migrate it. All my flexible T & P tube styles are there. I've been doing this since T & P was added to Inventor.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: blair

I did that as well.  I had a very similar thread like this one about a year ago, and the answer you gave was what I tried.  Except it didn't work for what ever reason.  I don't know if it was a permissions thing, even though I was an admin to my system, or what.  That is why I want to try this again on my home machine to prove to myself that it does indeed work.  I am not saying that you are wrong, it is just hard for me to state this as an answer if I have not had success doing it.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report