Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Sheet Sizes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
502 Views, 5 Replies

Custom Sheet Sizes

I want a sheet size that is 24x36, not ansi D of 22x34. I can create it in
the Edit Sheet dialog, but then the titleblock reports "Custom Size
(inches)", not "D". Any suggestions?

--
Ed
--
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
shandranw
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Ed Jobe.
If you want a sheet size that is 24X36, Open the standard drawing file form open pull down menu. Delete sheet 1 in the browser(rmb -> delete). Go to Insert pull down menu and select Sheet and select custom size in inches then type in the size 24x36. Go to drawing resources in the browser and rmb click and select Borders and Insert drawing border and click OK. Now, go to Format pull down menu and select Define new title block and sketch your title block with sketch tools or insert autocad drawing. Exit from sketch mode and save as any name you like. Then click the + sign in front of title block in the browser and pick the name that you saved the sketch as and rmb and select insert. Now, rmb on the sheet and select edit sheet and give a name for your custom sheet. Now save this file in the template folder as your custom sheet.
Message 3 of 6
jmazzei
in reply to: Anonymous

I am having this same problem.
The one reply Ed got did not really solve the problem.
Is there a way to get the "sheet property" "sheet size" of a custom size sheet to report something other than "Custom Size (inches)"?

Specificly we use a 36x66" sheet we call F size, and a 36x88 sheet we call R size.

I know I can work around this by creating a templet with the sheet size in the title block as a static charcter. If I have to work around I am more likily to create alternate title blocks with static charcters.

Does anyone have a better solution?

Thanks
John Mazzei
Message 4 of 6
mrdelicious2
in reply to: jmazzei

Still wondering is there a way to modify the <sheet size> designation?

Inv 2013

Thanks,
Larry
Build 209, Inventor 2024.2/Vault 2024.2
Dell Precision 7760
Windows 10 Enterprise - 64Bit
128 GB Ram
Nvidia RITX A3000
Message 5 of 6
t_pcoll
in reply to: mrdelicious2

Unfortunately no, it's not possible. I found there's already logged wishlist item #1163766.

Thanks

Ladislav

Message 6 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: t_pcoll

You may be able to use iLogic...

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report