Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
cwhetten
Message 11 of 14 (176 Views)

Re: Custom Shapes for Content Center

11-25-2013 01:38 PM in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

I could be wrong on this, but I think the only way to get it so you can specify a custom length when placing is to create an iPart table and set the length parameter (B_L did you say?) as a custom column.  Does that make sense?

Even if you only have one configuration of the part (with varying length, of course), you can set up an iPart table with only one row.  Then you would add the length parameter as a column, right-click that column and set it to be custom.  Take a look at the example part I posted earlier.  The PL column in the iPart table is set up as a custom column.

I'm not sure this explanation makes much sense, so post back if I wasn't clear enough.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Valued Mentor
mpatchus
Message 12 of 14 (158 Views)

11-26-2013 03:56 AM in reply to: cwhetten

Simply make the LENGTH property a key property in the part family.

This will give you a length dialog box when inserting the part.

Mike Patchus

Inventor 2012 SP3 ~ Vault Pro 2013
==================
Lenovo D20 Workstation Intel Xenon E5640@2.67GHz (2)
Win 7, 24gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
AERE
Message 13 of 14 (108 Views)

02-27-2014 06:45 PM in reply to: GSE_Dan_A
Good Evening GSE_Dan_A, To automatically arrange hole pattern based on part's length, I use iLogic rule (called HOLES in this case) triggered by Part Geometry Change. After the rule is placed, the part is ready to be published. Works perfectly fine with Frame Generator. Please see the attached sample. I used standard W beam part to start with and made distance between holes 3". Change the B_L value and holes will re-arrange...nothing special has to be done in preparation for FEA. Have fun! Serguei Velidtchenko Inventor'2014
Contributor
AERE
Message 14 of 14 (60 Views)

02-28-2014 03:19 AM in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

GSE_Dan_A,,

I had problems with loading the file last night but here it is.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.