Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curve Bend Help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
270 Views, 3 Replies

Curve Bend Help

Hi,

I'm currently using Autodesk Inventor 2013. The main bend I'm trying to achieve is the back bend (curved flange). I have in the past managed to create the side bends just fine but the back flange just doesn't convert to sheet metal to allow a successful flat pattern.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Spoiler

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

This is very poor modeling technique.

Sketch1 is not constrained and this line isn't even horizontal?

Poor Practice.PNG

You might read this document

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

And I would use all sheetmetal tools to create the part.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks but I wasnt worried about sketch constraints at this stage as it was a quick model for a quick solution - maybe this was a bad idea. I have now attached a fully constrained sketch.

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Through 11 or 12 years of experience I have found that my fastest modelers always worry about this stuff right from the beginning.  So there is nothing saved in an undisciplined technique based on the experience I have seen.

You have a number of dimensions that don't make sense to me as manufacturable/inspectable.

If you can fix these to what you really want then I can show you how I would model the part.

(my solution will be 3 simple features, one of the three will actually be a mirror of the second feature)

Dimensions.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report