Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Section Views

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
MrStakesK
14991 Views, 6 Replies

Cross Section Views

I am a new user of AutoDesk inventor and have a few questions about saving different views of the drawing.  I have a floor plan layout and need to save several different cross section views to see different angles and different parts of the interior.  I am familiar with how to do this in programs such as google sketchup but not inventor.  I also need to insert text with arrows pointing to different things in the drawing.  Is this possible with inventor or does the drawing need to be put into other software such as paint?

Thanks in advance and pardon my ignorance!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: MrStakesK

Welcome to the forum.

Under the Annotate tab you will find the leader command for your second question.

leader.JPG

As far as your first question, is this what you are talking about?

section.JPG

If not, please post an image of what you are talking about.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
MrStakesK
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks for the quick reply.  The leader text is definitely what I was looking for there.  I was still operating in the .ipt file instead of the .idw file and didn't see that tab.  Much appreciated.

As far as the cross section, I see the section cut, but am having trouble getting it to do what I'd like.  Please see the attached picture for what I am looking to do.  This was done in google sketchup.  The following picture is what I want to do with the inventor drawing.  I was able to do this in the .ipt file.  By inserting a plane, then using the Quarter Section View tab.  But cannot save this view.  Any further help?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
blair

If you wish to do a cross-section of a house looking at it from the side, you would need to place the first view of the house looking at the front and then use the section tool to develop the slice as where you want to make the cut. This will develop your section/slice view.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 7
MrStakesK
in reply to: blair

Okay, thank you for the help.  I have figured out how to use the section cut to create a cross section of the layout.  However, is it possible to create an angled cross section view as in this picture attached?  It's requested that I have some of the exterior shown as seen here.

I can get the desired view I want in the part file, but can't save it that way.

Message 6 of 7
Cadmanto

The problem I have always run into and it looks to be a little bit of a challenge is to get the section view that is portrayed in the model onto the drawing.

You can use these commands

section.JPG

to get your section in your model, but this will not convey to the drawing unless you do some form of an assembly cut (which can be placed int he drawing).

I wish it wasn't like this, but it is for now.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 7
MrStakesK
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this issue!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report