Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creative Center line offset

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
deltades
536 Views, 1 Reply

Creative Center line offset

Hi all,

I need a creative way to do something I know can be done in SW and Pro-E but as far as I know can not be done in Inventor to date Smiley Sad 

I am using the origin center line and semitry to control a box and its associated geometry and want to control the position or offset of a second box relitive to the first using a center line associated to the second box with a dimension. Problem is that the dim will only control its off set position relitive to the initial side from which the dim was placed. I.E. if the dim is placed when the CL of the second box is to the right it can not be moved to the left (what would in essence be a -dim condition) understandably Inventor does not like that but SW and Pro-E can use there little wheel and roll it down to 0 and then back up to a + dim in the opposit or in this case Left direction.

I know that I could place a dim off the interior wall of my first box geometry and associate it to the CL of the second box but the math to that may or may not be appropreatly effective in other words in condition A it may need to be 1/3 of d1 and in condition B it may need to be 2/3's of d1 or some other dimension.

I would love to be able to do this via iLogic or perhaps something to do with the placement relitive to a construction geometry utilizing a circle but so far I have not found a viable solution. Any ideas out there would be most welcome.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ic198
in reply to: deltades

Is the attached any good- or am I thinking too simply? You control the boxes relative CLs using the parameter BoxCLOffset

d14 can be made as large as you like, to account for the expected range of BoxCLOffset

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report