Inventor General Discussion

M1shap
Message 1 of 2 (134 Views)

Create a Flat Bar Family in Content Centre

134 Views, 1 Replies
12-13-2012 08:42 PM

Hi,

I am trying to create a flat bar family similar to the ANSI one but has smaller sizes & is more in line with the AS standard. I have searched the interweb & have found a few on changing/editing existing families but not creating a new one. can anyone help or point me in the direction of a good tutorial to help understand it in a simplified way.

Thanks.

Valued Mentor
jeanchile
Message 2 of 2 (124 Views)

Re: Create a Flat Bar Family in Content Centre

12-13-2012 10:14 PM in reply to: M1shap

Hello,

Here are some things I have collected over the years in doing this. Some of this information is for earlier versions but a lot of it still applies. This stuff is from some very generous people on this forum who have helped out a ton in my progression through this software's tools (e.g. Paul Doubet, Mark Flaylor, and Dennis Jeffery...RIP:smileysad:). The easiest way to create a new flat bar family is to copy what is already there to your own Read/Write library. There should be information in these documents to get you started.

These can all likely be found by doing a search here on this forum and there is a wealth of information on here from others.

Good luck and post back if you need anything else. Myself and the others will help you get going but keep in mind I did this a long time ago and the memory is fuzzy at best.

Inventor Professional 2013 (SP-2.3), Product Design Suite Ultimate
Desktop: Intel Core i7 3.4GHz, 16.0 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate SP-1, 64-bit OS, (2) GeForce GTX 580 (331.81), Space Pilot Pro (3.16.1)
Laptop: Intel Core i7 3.9GHz, 16.0 GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro SP-1, 64-bit OS, GeForce GTX 780 (331.81), SpaceNavigator (3.17.7)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube