Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a Flat Bar Family in Content Centre

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
M1shap
444 Views, 1 Reply

Create a Flat Bar Family in Content Centre

Hi,

I am trying to create a flat bar family similar to the ANSI one but has smaller sizes & is more in line with the AS standard. I have searched the interweb & have found a few on changing/editing existing families but not creating a new one. can anyone help or point me in the direction of a good tutorial to help understand it in a simplified way.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeanchile
in reply to: M1shap

Hello,

Here are some things I have collected over the years in doing this. Some of this information is for earlier versions but a lot of it still applies. This stuff is from some very generous people on this forum who have helped out a ton in my progression through this software's tools (e.g. Paul Doubet, Mark Flaylor, and Dennis Jeffery...RIPSmiley Sad). The easiest way to create a new flat bar family is to copy what is already there to your own Read/Write library. There should be information in these documents to get you started.

These can all likely be found by doing a search here on this forum and there is a wealth of information on here from others.

Good luck and post back if you need anything else. Myself and the others will help you get going but keep in mind I did this a long time ago and the memory is fuzzy at best.

Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report