Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy from AutoCAD / Paste in Inventor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Calavetta123
1325 Views, 4 Replies

Copy from AutoCAD / Paste in Inventor

For some reason when I copy line work from AutoCAD and try to paste into an Inventor sketch it does not paste. It acts like it pastes but the line work is no where to be found. Can someone help.

Thanks Robert  

IV 2024 Pro-Suite / VP 2024
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: Calavetta123

Hi!

Don't copy/paste.

Use the tool ACAD to import Autocad data into the sketch.

You can also select the data to import by layer or selecting the data with a "drag window".

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Calavetta123
in reply to: CCarreiras

That didn’t work either for me. I am able to select the ACAD tool then I select my AutoCAD file I want to import but the Layers and Object Import Options Window does not open at that point. Because of that I do not have the option to select Finish. Do you know why this might be happening?

I did try it on another coworker’s computer and it works fine for him.

Thanks

Robert

IV 2024 Pro-Suite / VP 2024
Message 4 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: Calavetta123

HI!

Try these:

1. Try to open first a simple document because sometimes it takes a long time to open in complex geometries.
  2. That preview is powered by the program "Design Review". Check if you have it installed.

Aditional information:

Even if you can't view the document, you can always go ahead and import all document.

Another "power tool" is using the "constrain end points" and, if the gerometry isn't very complicated, you can also check the "apply geometric constrains". Be aware, if the geometry is complicated, this last option will consume a lot of time.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

@Calavetta123 wrote:

I did try it on another coworker’s computer and it works fine for him.

Hi Calavetta123,

Have you compared the service packs that your coworker has instalelled to those you have installed?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?id=2334435&linkID=9242019&siteID=123112#section17

Also see this link which indicates a user profile issue:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Importing-ACAD-sketches-into-Inventor-2012/m-p/339759...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report