Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting assembly to STEP file

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
KevinPinks7697
2538 Views, 4 Replies

Converting assembly to STEP file

I have to send one of my assemblies to a customer who has Solidworks I believe, so I thought I would just save the assembly as a step file, but when I try to do this it crashes my system probably due to the fact that I have quite a bit of embossing on one particular panel. Any other options?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: KevinPinks7697

Do they need the embossing (I assume text), maybe you could suppress those features.

Do they need internal detail, maybe you could use a Shrinkwrap model.

Try saving as a Parasolid binary file (that is SolidWorks native kernal).

Parasolid.pngMake sure anything you send them that you can read back in and the geometry is correct.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Hi! The behavior does not sound right to me. Could you send me the files so I can try it on my machine? If it is larger than 20MB, I can set up a secure account for you to upload.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5

It is 41.2MB ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Kevin Pinks | Schneider Electric| Industry Business | Telemetry & Remote SCADA Solutions, Mechanical Draftsperson Phone: +1 (613) 591-3878 ext 8264 | Fax: +1 (613) 591-1022 Email: kpinks@controlmicrosystems.com | Site: www.controlmicrosystems.com| Address: 48 Steacie Drive, Kanata, Ontario K2K 2A9 CANADA Important notice: This message and any attachment may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for its delivery to such person), you may not copy or disseminate this message and any attachment to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and any attachment, and kindly notify us by reply email. We do not assure the security of information electronically transmitted, and your communication with us through such means shall signify your acceptance of such risks. Conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Control Microsystems shall be understood as neither being given nor endorsed by us.
Message 5 of 5

Kevin,

I got your email from last reply. I will set up a secure account for you. You will get a notification email soon.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report