Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Inventor DWG to AutoCAD model space DWG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2595 Views, 5 Replies

Convert Inventor DWG to AutoCAD model space DWG

I'm looking to Batch Convert Inventor DWG to AutoCAD model space DWG.  It needs to use the proper configuration file.

Task schedule does not work since it wants all children components.  Task Scheduler will not process the files if it has unresolved references. 

I have tried defer up dates as well.

It is easy to do manually, one at a time.

Any Ideas out there?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dave.anderson
in reply to: Anonymous

When you open the file in Inventor, you have to manually resolve the files? If that's the case then automating will be an issue. If you do have files that can open without the resolve issue, you can save settings as the "Default DWG" configuration that TS uses to convert idw to dwg.

The exportdwg.ini file can be found in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Design Data\DWG-DXF. Make a back-up of it and save your desired settings as that file.

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dave.anderson

Dave, Thanks for the reply.

The issue is that Task Scheduler wants to update the Inventor DWG when it opens it.  The model componets are not available as the Inventor dwgs only are given to a vendor. 

When opening the dwg in Inventor manually, the updates can be defered.  But, TS will not defer the updates. 

Is there a way for TS to open the Inventor dwg without looking for an update?

Message 4 of 6
VinodBalasubramanian

Hi,

Can you please uncheck the highlighted check box in the options while doing a update design through TS. Let me know whether it helps to fix it.

2011-12-05_154643.jpg

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 5 of 6
wseaston
in reply to: dave.anderson

When I export an IDW from Inventor it does what I want (Saves a copy of the IDW as a DWG in Model Space, however, if I use the Task Scheduler it saves the geometry in the sheet space.

I opened the "exportdwg.ini" file and noted that SPACE = Model so I am not sure why it is not working the same way when using the Task Scheduler.

What should I do?

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
cadman777

Dave,

I have the same problem: All the inventor 2010 linetypes show up as "continuous" in the "mapping options" dialogue. Doing a "reset defaults" didn't restore the linetypes to what they should be.

I looked at the "exportdwg" and "exportdxf" files, and they show the linetypes correctly.

This is a new install on a new hard drive, since my other computer crashed and I had to reinstall everything from scratch.

What can I check to troubleshoot this?

See attached files.

Thanks ..

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report