Inventor General Discussion

Harry_G
Message 11 of 15 (208 Views)

Re: Context menu gets cut off in 2012 SP2

06-24-2012 10:50 AM in reply to: bobvdd

Huh? If Autodesk doesn't care about hotfixing this issue why do you forward it to your developers at all? I hope you're not serious.

All screenshots with cut-off menus seem to have a Vault entry. Mine has not and so far I have not found any cursor position that makes it get cut off. Maybe it's that simple.

Mentor
PACDrafting
Message 12 of 15 (203 Views)

06-24-2012 02:59 PM in reply to: smjanows
Agree with this needing fixing.

It's simple problems like this that turn users off the software.
Active Contributor
smjanows
Message 13 of 15 (188 Views)

06-25-2012 06:57 AM in reply to: bobvdd

bobvdd wrote:
This problem no longer exists in 2013 as far as I can see.

We do properly flip the context menu above the radial menu if not enough space is left between the cursor location and the bottom of the screen.

In 2013,  you can also opt to see either a short context menu or a full context menu or just the radial menu.

Bob

To bring it to the attention of our developers, I have logged it as defect

1465211 Context menu cut off when cursor is too close to bottom of screen

I can make no promises on hotfixes. We reserve hotfixes for issues that have absolutely no workaround.

In this case there is a workaround: postion your cursor further away from the screen border before hitting the RMB.

Bob

So the code already exists, yet it's too much trouble to implement?  This is ridiculous.  Companies do not run on an annual upgrade cycle.  If a workaround exists it's not a priority?  Let's look at this little hypothetical scenario: The house I am looking to buy has a front door that cannot be opened, and never will probably be able to be opened, but the patio door in back is another way to get in.  The newer house next door has this problem fixed, but when that design changed, the door between the house and garage was not put in.  That cannot be changed either.  "You can wait to buy the house we'll build next year which has it fixed."  What defects can I expect in that one? "You can buy and move to the one we'll build the following year."

I'll just get the one across the street from the other builder.

Yes, data migration is as bad as moving to a new house.  If it's a defect, fix it.

Product Support
bobvdd
Message 14 of 15 (177 Views)

06-25-2012 08:28 AM in reply to: Harry_G

The context menu underwent a overhaul between 2012 and 2013. So it might not be as simple as just copying and pasting the 2013 code into 2012.

We not only have hotfixes. We also produce updates and service packs.
I think this issue is best handled in an update.. That is the reason why I logged the defect.

I am not sure that Vauklt is a factor. We can reproduce both on XP and Win7 without Vault being involved. 

Bob

Mentor
PACDrafting
Message 15 of 15 (160 Views)

06-25-2012 02:08 PM in reply to: smjanows
Thats a great example. Love it!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube