Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content center parts

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
JorisSteurs1246
1936 Views, 12 Replies

Content center parts

Is anyone facing the same problem that Inventor CC parts don't show in Showcase?

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hello 

Can you tell me what version of Showcase and Inventor you are using. 

Also 

Would you be able to attach the Inventor CC Part so that I can check it out.

Message 3 of 13
emily.xu
in reply to: JorisSteurs1246

I assume you have no the cc part in your project location or you just copy all the inventor files, not include the cc file to another location.

I would suggest you use Pack and Go to include all the files you needed, then import into Showcase, you will get what you want.

1.png

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 4 of 13
a.a.adryan
in reply to: emily.xu

Yes, Emily is correct

Showcase does import CC parts, but you have to make sure that the link to the ipt files is there.

Message 5 of 13

Thanks for the tip about pack and go. Cat Happy

I'm using the 2013 suite and in inventor you can use the " suite workflow" command, from there I choose  " showcase constrained animation" Because my goal is to have a nicely rendered animation.

Do I have to conclude that this is not the correct method? If possible I prefer this workflow because it allows me to easy do changes in Inventor and update the model in showcase. With the pack and go method this would be more cumbersome I assume

Message 6 of 13
emily.xu

Suites Workflow is new feature for FDS 2013 and used to transfer files between different applications smoothly and efficiently, your operation is correct and recommended.

I can reproduce your issue on my machine, but I didn't find the reason till now, so I need some time to work with my team on your problem and will update to you when I got more info.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 7 of 13
emily.xu

I just got two suggests for your issue.

1  Place the cc parts As Custom and save them under the path of Project folder.

11.png

2  If you want to use cc parts As Standard.It's better setting the folder options for content center file under the path of your Project location,not use the default location. 

22.png

These solutions will let showcase find the content center files.

Please let me know if you have any question.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 8 of 13
JorisSteurs1246
in reply to: emily.xu

Thanks for the tip Emily, For your info, I use a different project file for at least every client and often also for every new assignment and I don't use vault. Is this possible to do your suggestions with assemblies that are made in projects that set up differently. If this is the only approach right now I would prefer to make a complete copy of the project and than do this changes to the CCparts to avoid problems in the parts list etc in the manufacturing side. The bad thing with this is that the changes done on the mother project don't effect Showcase anymore unless you do the same work also in the daughter project. It looks as it is not going to be an easy walk around until this bug is fixed.....
Message 9 of 13
emily.xu

Thank you very much to report this issue! We are working with Autodesk Development team on this problem, and will update to you as I got more info.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 10 of 13
sato2511

Hi.

i've the same problem.

Are there news about?

Thank you.

sato
Message 11 of 13

Just helped a customer with this.

There is no need to create a new project file or do a Pack & Go.

The issue is that when a Project's Folder Options > Content Center Files path = [Default], Showcase does not know how to find the Content Center Files.

The way Inventor works, if this propety has a value of [Default], then Inventor get's the location from Ribbon > Tools > Application Options > File tab > Default Content Center Files.

FilesDefaultDialog.png

How to fix for End-User:

1. In the Project dialog, select the Project exhibiting the issue.
  2. Expand the Folder Options
  3. Hover your mouse over the Content Center Files entry, must position over the text, to see the location currently defined by [Default] in a tooltip.
    ProjectHovering.png
  4. Select the Content Center Files entry, then click Edit Selected Item (the pencil icon to the right)
  5. The current [Default] value should now be ready for editing. Position the cursor at the end of the text and just delete the last backslash, then press the ENTER key.
    BackslashDeleted.png
  6. Click the Save button.

To test that the value held, select a different project from the list, then reselect the edited project.  Expand the Folder Options and verify the full, default path is shown.

How Showcase should function (For Autodesk):

If Project file is using [Default]:

1. Under the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\Current Version" key, read the value of "RegistryVersion"
  2. Under the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\<RegistryVersionValue>\System\Preferences\File" key, read the value of "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Bin\Inventor.exe:ContentCenterDir"
Ronnie Wilkins, Jr.
Message 12 of 13

Well, this is quite anoting for the tube and pipe. All the elbow and Tee and all the good stuff from the content center disapear in showcase. What is the good if creating a workflow in the software if it's not working. Even when we read from Dhowcase and set the project file, its still not working. When are we going to have this fix?

Message 13 of 13

If you follow the instructions in my post, then you should be seeing everything in Showcase.  I just did a test on my machine and everything came through just fine.

Ronnie Wilkins, Jr.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report