Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content center link

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
helmartins
240 Views, 3 Replies

Content center link

Hi

Whenever I open an IAM, even using the correct project, I can not link any content center files correctly, because the users content center is local, and then, Inventor cant find this files. I would like to open Content center files with no problems, Should I instal in the server and set the path in the project??

How can I resolve it?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Doug_DuPont
in reply to: helmartins

Find your Content Center on your hard Drive and Copy it with all the folders under it. Paste it on your server. You then need to change all your user Application Option, File Tab Change the Default Content Center File path there to the network location. Then go the the Content Center Tab and change the location there also. Don't ask me why both places I don't know. Then change your Project FolderOptions and set that to default. 

This is the non-vault way of doing this.

Douglas DuPont
Inventor 2016 Pro, Vault 2016 Pro
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
helmartins
in reply to: Doug_DuPont

Thanks!!! that resolves.

Message 4 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: Doug_DuPont

The Content Center tab specifies the location of the library ("parents").  The Files tab specifies the location of the individual instances placed from the library ("children").

Another way to handle this is to specify the location of the CC children within each project.  That way anyone using that project (presumably with all files located on a network share) will automatically have access to those files regardless of their App Options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report