Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Centre Problem (Already solved)

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Talayoe
354 Views, 1 Reply

Content Centre Problem (Already solved)

Howdy all,

I just wanted to share a tidbit in case it helps someone in the future.

Been having issues since I installed my Inventor 2014 on my Windows 8.1 laptop. My content centre would not open. Like not at all, it wouldnt even attempt to load when I said 'place a part' from assembly. Also from 'open' and 'open from content centre'..nothing. Annoying for sure. Re-installed, didnt fix. Just used my other PC to that work till I could fix it. 

Today I needed to do a gear (yes, I am at home doing work on a Saturday night...sick, I know!). Draw the gear, pull it into assembly, save, click design. All greyed out. Frustrated. Found this link

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Design-Accelerator-Greyed-out/m-p/4551961#M486489

Didnt help (good info tho, tried all suggested steps, even tho I have SP1 installed). 

I had always noticed that something from my desktop Inventor. When I started this one up, I got the dimmed out main screen and 'Run as Admin' for some reason, but again, not on my desktop. Putz'd around until I found the main file (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\inventor.exe) and check the properties. For some reason set to 'Run as admin' in the file.

Once that was off the design features all work, I obviously dont get the dimmed 'run as admin' anymore and best of all my content centre works! I am not sure why this was on, or why it would cause features not to work (usually admin would allow for higher functions to run...). 

But as I said, this is just for info to maybe help someone in the future. 

Have a great day! 🙂

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
PaulMunford
in reply to: Talayoe

Great job 😄

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report