Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Centre Files

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
waytime
1613 Views, 9 Replies

Content Centre Files

Hi,

We have just updated to Inventor 2013 (from 12) and none of our models which contain BSi libraries are working. I undestand BSi is within 'Other' CC library.

I have tried copying the idcl files from 2012 CC libraries into  into 2013 but Inventor 2013 is not recognizing them. Within the 'update libraries' dialogue box the are listed in red and 'not available'

I've been floundering around for a few days now trying various fixes from the net without success. I'm sure there is a simple solution. Please advise.

I've attached some screenshots of applicable stuff.

Regards

Alan

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
blair
in reply to: waytime

Did you Migrate them to the newer version? The RH lower icon will start the migration process.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 10
waytime
in reply to: blair

Hi,

I assume you mean the update button. Attached screen grab is message I get when I try to update

Cheers

Al

Message 4 of 10
blair

Check your permissions for the directory that you have placed them in. You might be in a Read-Only for the directory.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 10
SBix26

Delivered CC libraries are read-only.  Use the libraries delivered with 2013.

However, you state that your "models which contain BSi libraries" are not working.  But models do not contain libraries.  The CC library is the source for the components that are placed in your assembly models, but the actual CC component files are stored wherever your application options (File tab, Default Content Center Files) or project options (Folder Options > Content Center Files) direct them to be stored.  So you need to first find where Inventor 2012 was placing them.

It appears from your screen shots that you did not install the 2013 Other library (AI2013_Inventor OTHER.idcl).  Do that, since you cannot migrate the 2012 read-only library.  Then figure out where the created CC components were stored in 2012, and where you want them to be stored in 2013.  I'd recommend a shared location so you don't have this problem next year.

Message 6 of 10
waytime
in reply to: SBix26

Spoiler

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I'll check with our IT department regarding 'read only' folders but I suspect that could be part of the problem as the 'programme data' folder is probably only fully accessible to our IT department. I'll move everything to a shared folder and re-map inventor to that area.

Regarding 'Other 2013', where can I download this from? My installation was a download from Autodesk and I can't remember getting a choice of libraries during installation.

Cheers

Alan

Message 7 of 10
SBix26

During installation, you are able to configure install options for each component of the suite (by clicking the down arrow under the component name).  Under the desktop content center configuration you can choose which libraries to install.  Are you using one of the Suites (Product Design or Factory Design)?

Message 8 of 10
waytime

I'm using Product design suite Ultimate, stand alone version. A couple of the other guys here have Inventor only stand alone and we also have a network version Product design suite Ultimate just to confuse things!

Message 9 of 10
SBix26

Whichever product is on your machine, use that install disk to get the Other library installed, then copy to the other machines or your shared network location.

Message 10 of 10
waytime

Thanks, Fixed and working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report