Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
rnewcomb
357 Views, 10 Replies

Content Center

I have created a seperate Content Center with items in it that we use at our Company, I now want to have the Inventor Content Center and our folder of parts all in the same place, how can I do that??

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Cadmanto
in reply to: rnewcomb

Not a good idea!!!  You are best to keep the out of the box CC parts seperate from your created published folders.

One main reason is if you happen to have duplicate names in the family table the CC will crab at it.

I know when my company looked into creating our own CC this is some thing our VAR strongly suggested.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 11
rnewcomb
in reply to: Cadmanto

What I did is created a folder with parts we use in it and then pointed the Content Center Files in Application Options to this folder instead of Content Center Files, my problem is I place some bolts from the Content center in my model assembly and then when I go home and work they don't show up in the assembly and then when I add some bolts at home when I get to work they don't show up...  ??????????????

Message 4 of 11
Cadmanto

Sounds like you confused the software.  Are you saying you inserted some parts from the CC into an assembly, then in windows explorer created a new folder and copied these CC parts into that folder and tried using those?  If that is the case, first of all the link has to be broken from the CC to be a custom part for starters not to mention the path link.  Breaking the CC parts to be on their own is not an easy task.  If you are wanting to use this assembly going from home to work and vise versa, you are better off doing a pack and go.  This will keep all of the links intact.

Also, if you are wanting your own CC library take a look at the attached file.  That will give you an idea of what steps are involved in doing this the correct way.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 11

Hi rnewcomb,

Have a look at this thread, it addresses much of the same issue:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Inventor-Libraries-Conflicting-between-drafters/td-p/...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 6 of 11
rnewcomb
in reply to: Cadmanto

what I did was create a folder for modeled parts we use daily, then I went into Apllications Options under tools and changed the default Content Center Files location to point to the folder I made with our models.

Message 7 of 11

@rnewcomb wrote:

what I did was create a folder for modeled parts we use daily, then I went into Apllications Options under tools and changed the default Content Center Files location to point to the folder I made with our models.

Hi rnewcomb,

I think you might have wanted to make that folder a Library folder rather than making it the the default Content Center Files location, but I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly still.

about Library folders:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-A55440D8-FD23-42DB-8A5A-531DEF1F18B8

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-45FF437D-B059-45A5-9B0F-D71E8C97A2BF

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 8 of 11
Cadmanto

Curtis is right.  If you absolutely have to do it this way you are better off changing the library folder.

Ultimately I still go back to doing this all within the CC as your own custom parts.  Like I said, take a look at the attachment I placed in my last posting.

That will show you how to do it within the CC.

If you deviate too much from the default settings, especially when it comes to folder structure, you will end up with a tangled mess.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 11

Thank you very much, I will read and see what this says and I think I will change it back and see what happens.

Message 10 of 11

Do me a favor when you first bring Inventor up and before you open a file or anything look under tools and look in your Apllication Options and tell me what it says under Default Content Center Files, I need to point it back to where the Content Center files are

Message 11 of 11
Cadmanto

This is what mine points to.

cc.jpg

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report