Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center creating duplicate file folders

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tmoxam
340 Views, 3 Replies

Content Center creating duplicate file folders

I saw one other post her re: EN-US folders and content center however, there was no resolution, so i post again.

Can anyone tell me why content center creates duplicates of existing folders?. Some of the folders have 6 or 8 versions and there is also a duplicate EN-US folder within the EN-US folder with nested folders. So bottom line i have multiple locations and nested files within the content center. Needless to say there is a lot of time spent pointing inventor to the parts necessary to open an assembly.

We are working on a network and are all pointing to the same content center location.  We are all using the same project files.Sometimes it works as you would expect, other times not.

Anyone else encountered this problem? What did you do to fix it?

Tim Moxam - Senior Mechanical Designer
Windows 7 64 bit
Inventor 2012 Professional
Dell T1600 CPU E31245 @ 3.30GHz
8 GB RAM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
streharg
in reply to: tmoxam

Last time in noticed CC was duplicating folders, was because of different language set on one of the computers. But then, instead of EN-US folder, there were other folders for other languages. Not really as your case, but maybe can give you idea or two ...

I on other hand I have similar problem, but i think i should open new topic about it, because at company where i work, productstream and CC are not working as they should, and we have 2, 3 or even up to 7 copies of the same CC parts. Funny thing is, there are no duplicate copies on the server!

PDSU 2016
4790K, 32 Gb ram, GTX 960 ...
Fancy HP LCD
🙂
Message 3 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: tmoxam

Is content center files location set by App Options or by projects?  That is, do all projects have File Options > Content Center Files set to default? 

The obvious answer to your question is that some users' application options and/or some projects are pointing to different CC files locations, and Inventor dutifully does what is asked and creates CC files in all those different locations.  Depending on number of users and/or projects, it could involve a bit of work to track down the rogue settings.

Message 4 of 4
jwiese
in reply to: SBix26

beyond establishing the same default locations and settings, you then have to redirect EACH assembly to the NEW correct location when it says "cannot find" (if merely settings changed to no longer point to old folder. Does anyone have a plan that merges all the old content center files (have not played much with find file duplicates or merge folders. I would ask do these steps sound right and someone add their experience in this;
1 establish exactly identical locations on content center file folders
2 ? merge all content center folders and files into the same and correct single folder.
3 ? delete (if not merged and moved?) ((is that possible?)) all incorrect folders of content center files

Feed back and steps done by other users to resolve the multiple content center file folder conundrum

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report