I get the following error when I try to insert screws into a new assembly:
Unable to successfully update the member part file. Problem occurred when setting thread data.
I click OK and the part inserts but the thread does not look right! Compare the threads on the screws on the left (shown incorrect) with those on the right!
Anyone have a cure for this issue or come across it before?
Using Inventor 2013.
Solved! Go to Solution.
We had that same issue. In our case, we deleted the sheet that Inventor needed, in the thread spreadsheet, to get it's thread data for content center. Once we restored that sheet, threads on content center parts worked fine.
The spreadsheet should be in your design data folder. It's called "Threads" I beleive. If you are on Inventor 2013, it will be in ".......\Design Data\XLS". We have a common copy that we keep on our server that we make modifications to as neccessary. When I needed to restore the sheet, I opened the spreadsheet from the Design Data folder that was created when Inventor was installed and copied the sheet from there to the spreadsheet on our server.
Thanks for giving me a clue, I open the spreadsheet, resaved it and put a copy on my server content folder. I had to open the screws in the conents folder and fix them, there was only a few but I tried inserting some new screws without issue.