Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Files - Thread.xls - Project Folder - Missing Files - Issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pompeo79
734 Views, 1 Reply

Content Center Files - Thread.xls - Project Folder - Missing Files - Issue

Hi to all!

Just two questions about "works and folders left behind by colleagues".. Smiley Mad

1) I have a big folder with all inside (Main Assembly, Subassemblies, parts, project file).

Premise: I have no tracking of the colleague or his work computer/hard disk.

Issue: he use a lots of content center files in his assemblies, and he wasn't so magnanimous to do a Pack and Go, or just paste his R2012 contente center files folder.

Summing up: in his folder just assemblies and parts, no content center files.

The best solution i presume would be to obtein his content center files folder from his computer. Am i right?

If that is no possible i presume that it remains only to create a "fake" assembly and just insert in it all the content center files i need after trying doing  a list of missing files from the colleague assemblies.

Am i right?

Not  only...i have to hope that he didn't change the content center files'name. Am i right?

Because if he use a ISO 4762 M8 and the he rename it " my dear bolt -1", i don't have any chances to identifying the original standard part. 

Am i right?

2) He use (always the "colleague") specials threads... and i have found in the folder his Thread.xls with his relative modifications. 

What should i do with that?

Just replace my Thread.xls in C:/Users/Public/Documents/Autodesk/Inventor 2012/Design Data with his Thread.xls ? (after doing  a secure backup of my default and unmodified thread.xls)  ?  Just it?

Am i right?

Thank for support!   Really!!  Smiley Wink

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SBix26
in reply to: pompeo79

First, modify the project (.ipj) file for this project: under Folder Options, change Content Center Files to a new folder within the project folder (files in thisfolder are not editable); change Design Data to a new folder within this project (copy the installed Design Data here).

Now retrieve the Content Center files from your colleague's computer or create the dummy assembly as you proposed, which will create the CC files in the folder that you specified above.  Replace the Threads.xls file in the local Design Data folder with the one that your colleague modified.

I hope this is helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report