Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Family Dissapears

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
barsea
209 Views, 3 Replies

Content Center Family Dissapears

Hello everyone,

I am trying to make a custom bolt library that contains our company part numbers and it has been easy except for the following glitch:

I have copied the "Hex Bolt - Inch" family from the "Inventor ANSI" libray to my own read/write library.  After having copied the family I changed the family folder name and then altered some of the existing table columns and created some custom columns then clicked on "OK" button to save my progress.  After having saved several times without incident, Inventor crashed and I had to restart Inventor.  Upon loading Content Center Editor, I find that my customized "Hex Bolt - Inch" family is no longer visible in the display window; however, when I try to copy the family from the "Inventor ANSI" library to my read/write library, I receive the message: "Confirm Family Replace, Category Hex in library AI2011_WP Library contains a family with an identical internal name, Would you like to replace the existing family..."

I have tried rebooting without success.  I would prefer to keep the existing family as the modifications took some time to complete.  Does anyone know of a way to have the family show in the display window so I can make further modifications?

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jtylerbc
in reply to: barsea

First thing to check (because I did something like this myself earlier today) - in the Content Center Editor, check to see what library is being displayed in the "Library View" box.

If it is set to ANSI or some other library, your custom one will be filtered out and not shown.  If your custom part family still doesn't show with this set to either Merged View or your library, then you've got a bigger problem that someone else will have to help you with.

Message 3 of 4
barsea
in reply to: jtylerbc

Thanks for your reply.  No, that's not it - I've checked my library by switching the "Library View:" to show my custom library exclusively so as not to confuse myself with the contents of the other library.  In "Merged View" the "Hex Bolt - Inch" family is there but is the "Inventor ANSI" library because my edits are not showing in the family table.

Also, a right click on the display window and selecting "Refresh Content..." does not solve the problem either.

Message 4 of 4
barsea
in reply to: barsea

Also, I should state my system specs:

Inventor 2011

Windows XP Pro

Vault 2011

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report